Cool onshore breeze ....

12th May 2023 (Friday)     09.30 .... The sky is beginning to brighten up so we


should have sunny spells soon;  so far this morning the sky has been overcast and we have a cold Easterly breeze, so, although a bonnie day it’s not very warm.   I’ve been for the paper, visited the harbour, got photos of ‘Seaspray’ (David)  at the creels in the bay.... I’m a happy boy.    I think another cuppa  would be a good idea.     The ‘plan’ is to .... finish my copy of the Rev Sime’s the ‘ground plan’  (courtesy HES Archive).



15.00    The sun is finding it hard to break through so sunny spells have been rare today.... and the sky doesn’t look promising just now.   I’ve been working in The Hutte.... and will be going out there again after I finish this update;  at present I am having a cuppa as I type; a cuppa  that I am hope will wake me up:  yep.... I fell sound asleep in front of the TV. 


20.00    It has been a nondescript kind of day as far as the weather went, but I managed to make use of it by ‘working’ on the drawing board.   I am pleased with today’s progress... the more I do the more I am finding out about the ‘Auld Kinneuchar kirk’:  I meant to take a photo this afternoon of the progress but forgot.... and it’s too late now as I don’t use flash.

Tomorrow is going to be a bonnie day..... ‘sunny with a light breeze’ so it should be warm in the sun;  as long as the haar stays out at sea.   Mind you with the breeze being from the East it could feel chilly when exposed to it.  I’m going out for afternoon tea (to Kirkcaldy)  with Alice, Theresa her daughter and Sandy Theresa’s husband.... so should miss the afternoon haar if it does drift in.

I see what looks like building blocks have been delivered to Ferry Lodge so I guess we


should see some actual building soon;  and I should have a garden space back again.   I’ll feel hemmed in once the building work starts but will soon get used to it... and when it’s all done there shouldn’t be that much more of a difference from what was there before as far as ‘view’ goes:  We asked that the north gable of the new annex be hipped so that it doesn’t end up looking like the north wall of the Eiger.  

It’s nearly chocolate time... after a busy and fruitful day;  I’m going to settle down in front of the tele and watch Father Brown!

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....