Bright and breezy (so is the weather)....

27th  May 2023 (Saturday)     08.00....  ‘Sunny intervals with a fresh breeze'

Cruise ship 'Queen Victoria'.

  is our weather forecast for today.... and the fresh breeze is from the West and, though frisky, won’t have that harsh Easterly feel to it.   That said we are only going to get one day’s respite (from the East wind).... the wind is going back to East again tomorrow.   Anyway we have a bonnie, bright and breezy day today;  I’m feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for a ‘play’ day.

22.00  With the weather being ‘sunny and warm kind the villages have been busy.... and will be much the same tomorrow;  though it might be cooler on the beach if the wind is off the East as it is forecast to be.

I had an enjoyable few hours in the company of Alice, who arrived off the 11.00 bus.  When I went to Elie to meet the bus there was a notice on the kirk gate advertising a Coffee Morning in the kirk hall.... but it was too late to go to that....the  bus Alice was on arrived about 11.35 (it left Leven at 11.00).   However I’d been at the Baker’s to buy goodies.... and I met Myra who had been to the coffee morrrrning and had bought me ginger bread.   I must make an attempt to get back into the habit of going to the coffee morning’s again.


After a ‘lite bite lunch Alice and I sat in the Hutte and chatted about the local history of  Elie and Earlsferry....  and Buckhaven and Methil.  We then had another cuppa before I took Alice along to Elie to catch the bus back to Leven.

Back at Ivy (I’d moored the car at the Toon Hall) I sat down to have a cuppa and fell sound asleep.   When I woke up I was starvin’ so had a bite to eat before doing a wee bit drawing.   Since then I have had a migraine, been down to the car... and home by way of the beach.   David was out at his creels and the Cunard cruise ship ‘Queen Victoria’ was leaving the Firth, having been at Newhaven (Edinburgh) for the day.... and the beach was busy.

I’m going to make a fresh cuppa then get ready for bed, after a busy and enjoyable day.


   ‘Nae plan’ for tomorrow but I’ll bike along for the paper early.... because the roads will be busy later.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....