Overcast and damp ....

22nd February 2023 (Wednesday)   08.30.... ‘light rain with a moderate


breeze’ is the weather forecast for KY9.... and that is what we have.   It is not a bonnie morning;  but it will brighten up at lunchtime: I am  having lunch in the 19th with Kirsty and Myra.  The laurel hedge will be ‘lapping up’ this rain;  that reminds me that it’s also my breakfast time.



18.30   Lunch at the 19th was, as ever, excellent..... good company, food and banter:  and nae wrinkles on puku at the end of it.   (Puku – Maori for stomach).   I don’t think I’ll need to eat again until Friday breakfast time.  After a very frustrating morning I needed to relax and that is ‘iggzactly’ what I did.  I probably talked too much.

So what happened in the morrrrrning?    Well.... I had a letter to post to Australia which meant going to an actual Post Office.  So whistling merrily, and thinking happy thoughts, I louped into the car and made my way to Anstruther only to discover when I got to


Ainster that the PO had closed in October.   Never mind I’ll go to Pittenweem PO...but found out when I got there that parking was a problem which is why I’d taken to using Anstruther PO for the past few years.  So, abandoning the PO plan, I went down to the harbour (Pittenweem) to get a few photographs;  the new ‘plan’ being to post the letter in the PO van that comes to Elie.... I’d find out the day and time at the ‘paper shop’.    This I did.... the PO van would be in Elie from 12.00 – 12.30 today.

I went home and had a quick half cup o’ tea then louped into the car and made my way to Elie.   By the way...the Post Office van is a good place to meet and chat though it would be a bit iffy on a wet day.   Having said that I don’t think many folk wanted to chat to me by the time I came out of the van;  the machine malfunctioned and the Postie had to phone someone to get it sorted.   I did suggest to the Postie that I could let the queue


... by now there was a queue (and Lexie was in it;  and I’m feart o’ Lex)... pass me, but the machine wouldn’t have worked for them either.   Eventually the machine was sorted (after the phone call) and all was well  I don’t think I’ll be posting a letter by way of the PO van any time soon!    In fact I'm not sure if I'll be going up to Elie any time soon!






21.00   Welll... after an unexpected morrrning my day ended up fine;  oh...I said that I am afraid o’ Lexie....I’m not;  I am terrified!    Tomorrow is a new day and the weather forecast is good;  ‘sunny intervals with a moderate breeze’; it could be a ‘restful play day’.   I’m going to have an early night in bed and hope to loup oot o’ bed ‘bright eyed and bushytailed’ tomorrow morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....