Bright and breezy ....

6th February 2023 (Monday)     09.15.... It’s a bonnie morrrrrrning, and I am



feeling almost frolicsome.   I’ve been to the beach to catch the sunrise;  now I’m ready to do some work in the garden.... after breakfast.    I’ll get the bike out once the air warms up;  actually, though not frosty there’s a bit of a breeze so it feels cool with the wind chill.    Not as cool as Mount Washington the other day.... that was really cool.



21.00     The pictures of the earthquake devastation in Turkey and Syria are frightening;  and bring into our living rooms the horrendous power of natural disasters such as earthquakes.   Thankfully it also brings out the best in humanity: other countries rush to bring help and aid to countries in need.   My thoughts are with the folks caught up in this; it must have been horrifying being jolted out of a deep sleep to that.   I remember being waking up in the middle of the night in Cyprus, thinking my mates were swinging my bed from side to side;  that was an earthquake in Turkey in 1959. 

Oyster Catchers.

After breakfast I started what was to be a busy day in the garden;  I have nigh on filled the ‘broon’ bucket with garden clippings etc.   One of the main jobs was lopping and pruning.  I intend to finish tidying up the front garden tomorrow;  unless it has to be a ‘rest’ day after today’s efforts.

I took time out in the afternoon to have a run up to Chapel Green.... and up to the Pony Field and golf course because it was such a bonnie afternoon for the camera;  and I am well pleased with the photographs that I took.   I had a quick look at them but still have to sort most of them out; I’ll do that after this update.... and after I’ve made the chocolate.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....