Cold NE wind ....

25th February 2023 (Saturday)     09.00... it’s not a mornin’ for straying far


from  a cosy fire;  we have a brisk, cold northeast wind (F4) on ‘Well Safe Guardian’, anchored in the Firth.... and it feels about the same in Ivy garden... where the temperature is 6C (sheltered from the wind).   It isn’t a ‘play day’.   I’m hoping for sunny spells later but I doubt if it will feel warm even in a sunny spell.

20.00   It has been a bitterly cold day;  definitely not a day for me going out to play.      So I didn’t!   As planned, Alice came along on the 11.30 (X60) bus and we went to Bowhouse;  my word it was busy.  The main exhibition area was full of colourful stalls .... including ‘Cairn O’ Mohr’ selling their wine... alcoholic and non alcoholic.    I bought two bottles.... one for Alice and Izzy to take with them when they visit Burn’s country for a long weekend.   When Maggie and I were operating as ‘A & M Lawrie’ selling out craft products (Mini golf clubs mounted on the tartan of your choice,) we were most often next to Cairn O’ Mohr when exhibiting at Aberdeen,  Aviemore, Edinburgh, Glasgow.... in the good old days.


The unit that has been puzzling me is 'Bothy Kitchen';
  I expected a Cafe selling “ploughman’s” style food but it is nothing like that.   They make up a meal to your choosing and you cook at home: An interestingly different idea.   I assume the name 'Bothy' comes from the fact that they operate from what was the original farm bothy.   The Bothy (Chaumer in Aberdeenshire)  was where the single men who worked on a farm lived;  they ate their meals in the farmhouse kitchen.

We planned to have coffee but there was a queue at the coffee stand so we came home to Ivy and had one of my ‘Superior Quality’ coffee’s.... and started to sort out the world’s problems, by way of talking!    Strangely enough it, my usually ‘manky coffee’ tasted ‘nae bad’.  

With it being bitterly cold we never went to the beach or anywhere, but had a bowl of my


home soup for lunch and a very tasty sweet.   Not yoghurt.... the other stuff...what is it called?;  oh aye...mousse.

I’ve been sneezing and think I’m coming down with a cold so I shall have a JT (Janice Toddy);  Since having COVID I seem to have become a holiday destination for cold germs!    It will be an early night in bed; staying vertical can be tricky after a Janice Toddy.   Tomorrow is going to be a stay in and stay warm day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....