Peaceful morning ....

28th February 2023 (Tuesday)     08.30.... There’s lot of broken cloud


around so there’s chance of sunny spells... and light precipitation: on the other hand it’s a bonnie morning, with an interesting sky, so I’ll have a wander to the beach after breakfast.  There is a breeze from the NE so it’s auld on the lugs.

12.30    It’s a bonnie day so I had a short walk to the beach by way of Williamsburgh;  I might go up to the seat at the 17th green in the afternoon.   It’s too cold for me to go out on the bike.   It’s good to see the beach busy at this time of year (on a  Tuesday) .... but maybe the teachers being on strike has something to do with that.  


20.45    The wind freshened a bit after lunch so it has been a bitterly cold day.... in fact there was spits and spots o’ light rain when I was out at the bucket just now.   However the postie brought a surprise from Australia:  a book that will be my bedtime reading for the next few weeks.   Actually I didn’t expect it so soon.    The book, “Tractors, Kalashnikov’s and Green Tea”, is an autobiography by Ian Johnston:  Ian’s parents decided to move out of Edinburgh in the early days of WWII, and moved to Earlsferry;  where they lived until hostilities ceased... and for some time after.  Ian, and his brother Les contacted me after reading my ‘blog’ Alberto’s Hutte’.  I’ll be havin’ an early night in bed tonight.   I’m a ‘happy boy’ even if I am one degree under.

This has been a funny old day for me;  I didn’t realise just how much the cold/flu I had had taken out of my legs, until I went for my short walk this morning.   I’d hope to go out again in the afternoon but it was too cold.

Work is going on apace at Earl’s Lodge’ (next door) and it looks like the garden retaining


wall could be starting to be built soon.   At the moment my garden is looking awfie tiny.... but will be back to normal once the retaining wall is in place.   Of course the actual ‘new’ build has to take place after that.   It’s exciting seeing it all start to happen.... and...17 second pause... Michael and Janice are coming up on the 4th April from Sussex and will be impressed... especially if the retaining wall is making progress.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....