Overcast .....

4th February 2023 (Saturday)    09.00.... We have a grey start to the day with


only a light breeze:  although not actually raining at present, there’s dampness in the air.... and light rain is mentioned in the weather forecast for KY9.   Bit like yesterday’s weather really.

I’m vertical... and ready to go out to play, but this kind of weather is not agreeable to me ‘playing’ .   However, I’m expecting a ‘sunny spell’ later in the morning;  Alice is arriving   on the "roond aboot 11.30" bus at Elie:  roadworks at the top of Scoonie Brae messes up the timetable so the bus could be late.   A girl?.... oops ... I’d better ‘rin roond we’ the ‘oover!

20.45   I went to Elie to meet Alice and found her ensconced at the Bus Stop;  she had caught the ‘95’ which leaves Leven earlier than the X60.  We bumbled home to Ivy and had a cuppa and an Eccles cake;  followed by a long ‘blether’ before having a bowl of soup and a fruit sponge and custard for lunch.

 


Alice and I had a walk round to the ‘Indoor Car Boot’ in the Ferry Hall;  I was surprised at the number of stalls and the choice of items on sale.   I didn’t buy anything, though I was sorely tempted;  Ivy Cottage is already full of ‘mathoms’ (Hobbit speak).  I had the camera with me but only took a couple of photos.    With hindsight I should have asked every stallholder on the way round if it was OK to take a photograph.   Unfortunately my breathing was bad today,  and walking and talking is not a good mix.  I was glad to get back into Ivy to have a sit down.

I thought the road to Leven would be quieter today but it was as busy as ever.   The temporary traffic lights, at the top of Scoonie Brae, are still operational;  the number of times that road has had temporary traffic lights in the past few years is ridiculous.   Let’s hope whatever important job they are doing is finally done this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....