Grey and damp ....

18th February 2023 (Saturday)    09.00.... It’s a dreich morning;   we have a

light easterly breeze bringing in low cloud (and drizzle) from the North Sea.... not a pleasant morning.    I’m hoping for the sky to break up by midday and for us to  have a few blinks o’ the sun eventually... but that isn't mentioned in our forecast.    However ..... it's an ill wind that doesn't do some good!   The rain should help Tom and Natalie’s hedge across the road.... even if it only dampens the leaves.   Mind you it’s going to take a whole load of rain to get down to the roots... but at least it’s coming from the right direction.  I won’t be going out on the bike.   The ‘plan’ is to set the crock pot going with a batch of Scotch Broth after breakfast


1


9.30    It has been a mixed day of weather... from damp and drizzly in the morning, followed by a brighter spell (with occasional sunshine), and finally rain coming in later in the afternoon.   The rain has stopped and .... hard to believe; there’s a Yellow warning for ice in Fife tomorrow morning.   I imagine it won’t bother us ... but... you never know with the weather nowadays.

I took advantage of the brighter spell today and went round the villages on the bike.   I’d have gone further but the threat of rain was never far away.   I put the bike battery on charge when I got back to Ivy so have a fully charged battery for tomorrow.

The Scotch Broth session was a success;  I finished up with 11 portions (some double


ones) for the freezer.    The crock pot was ‘up tae the eyeballs’.  That reminds me the pot is soaking in the sink; I’ll wash and put it away after this update.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....