Lovely morning ....

1st Feb 2023 (Wednesday)   08.45....Thankfully the wind has moderated


overnight and, we have a ‘bright and breezy’ morning;  a good drying day.    The reminds me I have a washing to hang out.  I’m feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ and might have a walk to the beach... depending on how frolicsome (and cool) the wind is;  and after I've hung out the washing.   

19.00    Well... I never went to the beach but I have been active(ish)... on what has been a beautiful, if slightly cool, day.   It has been a beautiful drying day and the washing dried in ‘nae time’... and has been ironed.  

I sat and chatted with ‘Mac’ at the ‘Friendship Lunch’;  we were eventually joined by Myra

and Diane.   Our table was noisy;  but not as noisy as a ‘girls’ table at the other side of the hall.   Laughter and banter is a sure sign of a happy gathering.  After the Lunch I went home and had a cuppa, before loupin' intae the car and go to the chemist to pick up my prescription.    I fancied a run up to Kinneuchar to get a few photos of the kirk and browse the gravestones.    It was 16.00 by the time I got back to Ivy Cottage;  which is when I brought in and ironed the washing.


22.30   The bathroom kitchen and lobby floors were going to be washed today; but I discovered that my sponge mop had very little sponge left on it; I remember thinking to myself the last time I used that I would buy a new heid  (for the mop handle... not for me) the next time I was in B & M’s ....or the ‘Cheap Shop’.   I’m hoping to buy just the mop heid;  I now have three mop haundles in the shed with nae heids:  It’s hard work bein’ me.


At long last I have booked an appointment to have my eyes tested by Govan Optometrists (Anstruther)... on the 9th February. I last had my eyes tested two years ago by Specsavers;  having been lured in by the ‘two for the price of one’ blurb.  I wasn’t impressed by Specsavers: I went in with the intention of going back the days when I had a distance set of glasses and a reading set; not varifocals.  I don’t think older eyes can cope with varifocals. The ‘plan’ is to ask whoever tests my eyes in Anstruther, if my thinking about varifocals is wrong.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....