Breezy....

8th February 2023 (Wednesday)   09.00.... there’s lot of cloud about and it’s


breezy, but it is dry;  the wind is forecast to freshen to ‘frisky’ level (F6 – 7) so it’s not a day for me going out on the bike.
I’ve been for the paper and down to the harbour.... and hung out a washing:  I’m ready for breakfast.



12.45    The wind is F7 in the Firth just now (Saipem 3000) .... but funnily enough the air isn’t as cold as I expected.   Then again I have been inside most of the time;  having said that I did think of going out on the bike in the middle of the morning... when the wind was lighter than expected.   Then I remembered that this was a ‘rest’ day so had a cuppa instead.   The vegetables have been done, and everything is set up for making the ‘mince and tautties’ later in the afternoon.   Orf to have a bowl of soup for lunch.


18.30   ‘Flap on’ ..... and I’d better get some ooverin’ and dustin’ done;   Janice and Michael (Sussex) are coming up on the 4th April!   All ‘rest days’ cancelled until 11th April.

This has been a good ‘rest day’; I made the ‘mince and tautties’ for the Cottage Pies’ .... and put two screw eyes in place;  this is in anticipation of a whole window net curtain for the computer room window.   I didn’t realize how arthritic my hands were until I tried screwing the screw eyes into the pilot holes:  However, after conversing with the screw eyes, they were happy to go  where they suddenly wanted to be;  I eventually managed to get them in with my left haund.

21.00    I thought the wind was going to moderate but it sounds like it has freshened .... and we’ve had some rain.  However tomorrow weather is forecast to be ‘sunny intervals with a fresh breeze’;  a good day for having an eye test and a walk around Ainster harbour with Alice.

I’ll have my chocolate and browse the TV channels after this update;  the pictures of the


earthquake devastation from Turkey and Syria, and the ever increasing numbers of those killed saddens me.  Thankfully the rescuers continue to find some people alive: including a newly born baby.   Imagine being an orphan from birth.   It’s horrifying.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....