Colder air from the NE....

24th February 2023 (Friday)    “Happy Birthday” to ‘JB’ who is .... 31 second pause .... who is .... 31 today!

08.15....There’s  wind is from the NNW so it’s colder this morning.... and there’s lot of


interesting clouds about, so we could catch the edge of a shower;  there is a ‘low chance of precipitation’.   I’m feeling frolicsome after a good night’s sleep, and looking forward to going to ‘The Ship Inn’, with Calumn, at lunch time.

16.30    Calumn and I ended up going to the ‘Baern Cafe’ at Bowhouse for Lunch;  the food was brilliant, the staff friendly and it was busy.   That’s always a good sign.    We had a bowl of really tasty onion soup follow by a huge pork sandwich .   The ingredients are locally sourced.... and the choice of sandwiches surprising.   I enjoyed lunch.   We came home by way of Colinsburgh garage where I wanted to buy oil for the car.

'Bowhouse'.

Back at Ivy I made two of my top of the range coffees which we had with a goodie that Calumn brought.   We had a long chat, mostly about our time at the Craw’s.    The time flew past and, all too soon, Calumn had to bumble off home to Cellardyke after an interesting and enjoyable few hours.

Since then I checked and put some oil in the car.... not too much because the car is going in for a service on the 6th March.    Doin’ that was a palaver (for me);  I did the dip stick thing like I knew what I was doin’; I then had a struggle getting the cap off where you pour the oil in:  and felt very ‘content mechanic’ when finished.

22.15    Alice is coming along tomorrow morning;  the car will be pointing East so we’ll


have a run along to Bowhouse.   The last time I was there was when there was a ploughing match, and I had a coffee in the coffee shop part of what was a well converted barn or cowshed, with a sort of   farmer’s market kind of thing going on.  I don’t think the ‘shop’ section was operational at that time.

‘Light cloud and a moderate breeze’ is the weather forecast for tomorrow;  ‘with a low chance of precipitation’.  It could feel cool in the north-easterly breeze.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....