Damp but warmer....

2nd February 2023 (Thursday)    08.00.... There’s been some light rain

Hard working boy.

overnight and the forecast for KY9  is, ‘light rain and a fresh breeze’.... but it isn’t a cold wind and it isn’t raining just now.  We might have ‘sunny spells ‘ in the afternoon;  if so, I’ll go out on the bike.

09.30    At the moment I am £1,043.34p in credit with OVO:  but have sent in  up to date gas and  electric meter readings so that figure will drop.   (I send in my readings on the 2nd of every month).   It will be interesting to see how much I am contributing to Shell’s £39billion profit.  

18.30    The combined energy bill for January came to £204.61p so I am “keepin’ my heid abune the watter” (I pay 214 in very month).    Hopefully the worst of the cold weather is past.... though I saw on the weather forecast that it’s going to turn colder again next week:   anyway, I am £835 in credit.


21.00    It is a wild night... in fact it has also been a wild afternoon;  so I didn’t go biking.   My day has been spent doing catching up with paperwork ... until I had a migraine.   I went into rest mode.  The change in the weather will have brought on the migraine.   Tomorrow will be a ‘rest day’;  I intend spending the day on one of my drawing projects.

I had a run up to Elie in the morning to pick up the paper but there was a queue outside the ‘Paper Shop’ ....so continued on to the harbour.    As I was passing ‘arbour ‘ouse on the way home I spotted Alan working outside and just had to stop to see if Brenda was i/c.   She wasn’t.   Alan has been renovating the interior and it should all look braw when it’s finished.   After hindering Alan I bumbled my way home to have lunch and contemplate.

The wind is forecast to moderate overnight (it’s blowin’ a gale just now) and we’re to


have ‘sunny intervals and a moderate breeze’ tomorrow:  I might get out on the bike because it is going to be mild for the time of year.  This hasn’t been a good asthma day; and that has been especially noticeable after the past few days of my breathing being more or less normal.   However I no longer have long COVID.... and that makes me one happy boy:  I might go out to play ‘ra morra’. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....