Peaceful kind o' mornin'....

 21st February 2023 (Tuesday)     09.00.... Ye Gods.... I must have been tired


yesterday:  I went to bed at 22.30, read my book till about 23.00, fell asleep and woke up at 07.00.    I don’t know what made me so tired but it wisnae ‘work’!

We have a bonnie mornin’;  the sky is mostly overcast and there a brisk SW breeze... actually it could be a good drying day.  I enjoyed a wander to the beach around sunrise time;  the ‘plan’ is to for the paper after breakfast.

19.00   I went to Elie, picked up the paper and bought a padded envelope then had a quick trip to the harbour before travelling home by way of Balbuthie Loan.   This has been a funny kind o’ day for me;  I did think of going out on the bike in the afternoon but the air felt cold so I worked on the computer;  then had another trip to the harbour:  I spotted an oil platform being towed into the Firth and wanted a few photos of it.   Actually it wasn’t the best of afternoons for the camera... and it was late.... so I hope to get better photographs later.   The platform, ‘Well Safe Guardian’ (built 1985), is anchored in Largo Bay (Forth Anchorage) off Methil where it is going to be converted into a platform that will be used to plug redundant oil wells.   When I first saw it I thought it was on its way to Turkey to be scrapped.  

'Well Safe Guardian'.

The weather forecaster mentioned the fact that we’ve had less than normal amounts of rainfall over the past few weeks; we’ve had some rain but only 50% of what we would normally expect at this time of year. 







20.45    Wellll.... I have had a mair active day;  yesterday I “couldn’t get oot o’ ma ain road” and kept falling asleep in the afternoon.   I’ve come to the conclusion that I must have had one of the 24 hour winter bugs that we can get at this time of year; I plan to be ‘fired up and frolicsome’ tomorrow!   Other than going out for lunch I have nae ‘plan’ for tomorrow.   The weather forecast is for us to have ‘light rain with a moderate breeze’ in the morning ..... followed by my favourite weather.... ‘sunny spells’ in the afternoon. 
'Aurora Sandefjord'.

   Sunny spells usually mean interesting clouds. 
 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....