14th February 2023 Tues ... oops St Valentine’s Day  


11.00.... Luv is in the air;  and clouds which I didn’t expect.   Myra has been collected from the garage as per plan and we had morning coffee at Myra’s when we got back to The Royal Burgh.

First thing this morning I louped on the bike and went for a paper, the plan being to discharge the bike battery completely so that it could be fully charged for a longer run in the afternoon.   When I left Ivy the battery was showing two bars, by the time I was in Williamsburg(about 50 metres)it was one bar.... then flat before I got to the bank.    A battery assisted bike is a hard pedal when there’s nae life in the battery... and not much more in the legs.  However I made it to the paper shop and home (it’s mostly doon hill or level, travelling from Elie to The Ferry)... well ready for a reviving cuppa.    The bike battery is on charge and should be ready for the afternoon.

15.30    The bike battery is fully charged but I am not going out this afternoon;   I had to go to Ainster to pick up my new pair of reading glasses, and... although that didn’t take awfie long there’s a light breeze and the air is cooler.    And I’m feeling sluggish.   The bike is ready for action on the next decent biking day.... and when my sluggishness has worn off. That could be after I have another cuppa.


20.45    My new reading glasses are much better than the varifocals... although I am still using the varifocals for distance.    I should get the new distance glasses on Thursday.   If changing from one set of glasses to the other proves to be a nuisance I’ll have the distance glasses changed to varifocals.

Would you believe it we had a light shower o’ rain in the afternoon;  not enough to dampen my washing so I am happy, but it made my mind up about not going biking.   Though I might get out tomorrow afternoon.... it’s the Colinsburgh Lite Bite Lunch and, weather permitting, I might bike up to that.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....