Quiet morning....

11th February 2023 (Saturday)     08.15....Nae water pressure at present due


to a burst pipe in Ainster: the repair has been done and, according to the Scottish Water website, all should be back to normal soon.  ‘Nae Flap on’ ....I have enough water in the kettle for three cuppas!

It’s a quiet kind of morning.... there's a layer of light cloud just now, with a light wind from the WNW; the air is mild for this time of year.  I may get the bike oot efter breakfast....and before the wind freshens.  

10.00    I’ve been on the ‘SW’ site and they have discovered a ‘secondary leak’ in Anstruther so the water will be ‘off’ until that leak is repaired.   Scottish Water (SW) is going to distribute bottled water if necessary.  "Flap on" now as I have only enough water in the kettle for one ‘mugga’.



14.45     "Flap Off";  Monica and Andrew were going to Leven and brought me a big bottle of water for drinking:  the tap water is back on but I’d only use it for making tea or coffee.   I was glad of the bottle because I hadn’t been able to fully hydrate first thing: I begin my morning with a pint of water and at least one cuppa.   This morning I took a chance and went out on the bike while probably slightly dehydrated.    I went for the paper then came home by way of Elie Estate;  and used the one ‘mugga’ of water in the kettle, mentioned above.   Andrew and Monica arrived back from Leven not long after I’d made the tea and I was able to catch up with my liquid intake;  so ....a big “Thank You” to Monica and Andrew;  the bottle of water was much appreciated.   I am now going make another cuppa the settle down to watch the rugby.  

20.00    I’ve had a quiet afternoon ....  though I might have got slightly excited watching Scotland v Wales.   I didn’t fall asleep watching the Ireland v France game either.   Not the busiest of afternoons but an enjoyable one.

Tomorrow’s weather looks like being much the same as today’s;  actually I might do


some garden work now that the broon bucket is empty.   It all depends on how I’m feeling.... right now I’m feeling tired, so I’m going to make the chocolate, watch a bit of TV, then have an early night with Aberdeen’s ghosts poltergeists.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....