Breezy .....

9th February 2023 (Thursday)    08.30 .... Thankfully the wind has


moderated overnight but not as much as I’d hoped it would;  that makes it a good ‘drying day’.   There’s a cool air so it’s a heavy jacket for me.... ‘even ‘Blob’ was looking cauld at breakfast time.    I haven’t been further than the front gate so far .... I did contemplate going to the beach, but the cold wind put me off that idea: I’ll get a few photos in Ainster today.... for a change of scene.

18.45   I’m a happy boy;  my eyes haven’t deteriorated as much as I’d expected and I get my new specs by the end of next week.   I am going ‘old fashioned’  with a pair of distance glasses and a reading pair:  if I find this is too much of a nuisance I can still get varifocals in the next couple of months.  After the eye test Alice and I went up to the ‘Bread and Butter, in Roger Street for a bowl of soup followed b a cuppa and a goodie.   As soon as we stepped through the door I knew I’d like the ‘Bread and Butter;  the air had a lovely scent of food in it:  it was like stepping into the ‘212’ Cafe in Uckfield.   This is (for us) a new cafe, and very good it is too.  The soup (Leek and Tauttie) was excellent as were the goodies we had with our tea.   There is a good selection of Main Courses on the menu;  and the waitresses are friendly and helpful.    We were early for lunchtime but we weren’t the first in.... and it filled up quickly.  Yes .... it was a really nice experience.


We had a quick wander onto the beach on the way back to the car.... and I managed to take a few photographs.  
Even though it was bright and sunny the frisky wind meant a lot of wind-chill.    In was pleasantly surprised at how I got  around today;  my breathing had been ‘iffy’ all morning,  but not nearly as bad as when I had long COVID: that said... I couldn’t wear a mask today.  

Back at Ivy Alice put up the new net curtain in the computer room;  I made us a cuppa,.  We then sat and chatted for a while before I took Alice up to Elie to get the Leven bus.  I am tired now after all the activity, but happy that I was able cope;  and glad the I have at long last had my eyes tested.

I have ‘nae plan’ for tomorrow;  I think the weather is going to be fine.... ‘light cloud and


a fresh breeze’ so there will be wind chill.   I might get out on the bike in the middle of the day: My confidence is returning; it’s almost back to pre COVID levels.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....