Geoff's Memorial Service ....

16th February 2023 (Thursday)     09.00.... We have Geoff’s Memorial

Killingworth Sword Dance Team.

Service at Elie Kirk this morning so this will be a day of mixed feelings;  happy because we were lucky enough to know Geoff and be part of his life... and sad because we are saying “Cheerio” to an old friend.   My thoughts are with Geoff’s family and friends at this time.  The photo is of Geoff in his University days; as a member of the Killingworth Sword dance team.



16.30    Geoff’s Memorial Service, led by Douglas (Rev Douglas Creighton) our Minister, was as he would have liked.    Douglas read out a short ‘life history’; a history full of happy memories of an active and sometimes ‘... er .... how do I put this ... Dan (son) explained that it could be ‘lively’ when it came to fireworks.   It was a really lovely and ‘happy’ service for a sad occasion.   I sat beside Brenda, who I haven’t seen for a while, and discussed how hard working Alan has been with the revamp of ‘arbour ‘ouse.   Brenda is now retired (at the young age of 35), and plans to spend her retirement spoiling Alan. 


I moor the car up, round at Woodside Crescent when there’s a funeral on so after exiting the kirk I bumbled round to the car and was back at Ivy by 11.50. where I had a lite bite lunch and changed out of my suit.... I was surprised to find that I got into the suit easier than I expected.   Getting out of it was even easier.   After another cuppa and a catch up wi’ the news I had a quick run up to Elie and through the estate for a wee bit ‘o exercise.   Although it has been cloudy and grey all day the reeds around Kinneuchar Loch looked awfie bonnie against the general greyness.   As you can see in the photos.


20.00   I’ve just been putting the ‘green’ bucket out and discovered that we’ve had a shower o’ rain.   Mind you it’s not rain that we have to bother about;  the wind is to freshen overnight so it’s going to be breezy tomorrow.    Fife is included in a Met Office


‘Yellow’ warning for wind... and that is why I went out on the bike this afternoon.   
I don’t have a plan for tomorrow, but it will most likely be a drawing day now that I have my new glasses.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....