Sunny spells are coming....

1st November 2022 (Tuesday)     06.30.... Everything is wet after a night of


light rain, (which is good ‘cos there’s nae dust in the air, but bad ‘cos it’s not ‘playing’ weather);  but the light rain is going to move away by morning coffee time (I’m having morning coffee at 09.00) to be replaced with my favourite weather .... 'sunny spells’.   Sunrise is at 07.18 but unlikely to be visible, to us with our feet on the ground: OK if you’re in an airliner 34.000 feet above the beach!

10.30    The sun broke through at 08.53;  by the time it do so, I had wandered up to the Pony Field for my morning exercise.   The sky was ‘busy’ (and changing all the time) as the rain band moved away (over the North Sea).   The wind was freshening and I thought the air was starting to feel cooler than it has been of late.   Having enjoyed the fresh air and the scenery, I was back in ‘Ivy’ by 10.05 and ready for morning coffee.... and a slice o’ toast.  


14.45    Although the sky is mostly overcast, we do have frequent, short sunny spells with the clouds moving rapidly in the F6 Westerly wind.   I went to the beach;  it was breezy right enough but if it was cold I didn’t notice it; being more interested in the sky.

The Ferry Road traffic lights are still operational; or, put another way... the Ferry Road hole has yet to be filled in.   They can fill in the hole any time;   I don’t need it as a browsing point now; there's much more interesting action in Ferry Lodge garden:  the builder has started to clear the site, and I can see the action from ‘The Hutte’.   In fact I’ll finish my cuppa (and this update) and go out and take a photo.

20.45    The Ferry Lodge work is fast moving;  I’ll get some action photographs


tomorrow.    The ‘plan’ is to remove the soil to the depth required to put in the foundations;  once they’ve done that they will flop the old wall into the bit they’ve dug out and remove the bricks.   At the speed they are going that might not take too long.   I imagine I will have a few months of ‘action’ that ‘Blob’ and I will be able to watch from The Hutte.   A lot of folk would complain about the noise of a building site but, having worked on building sites for 15 years, it brings back (mostly) happy memories.   And some not so happy ones;  I didn’t like Livingstone... that was in winter.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....