Peaceful morning ....

26th November 2022 (Saturday)   07.30....Ye Gods;  I must have been a


tired boy last night.  I went to bed at 22.00.... read my book for five minutes, fell asleep and woke up at 06.30.   It’s a long long time since I had a complete night of unbroken sleep.   Today is a ‘rest day’.

08.30    Both the 'Paper Shop' and Elie Harbour have been visited this morning;  and I can report that all is good at both places.   It’s a quiet, albeit overcast morning, but I am looking for sunny spells later.

I’ve just realised why the road were so busy when driving home in the dark last night;  it was rush hour.   In future I’ll make a point of only driving at night when it’s absolutely unavoidable.  

18.45    Alice, and I enjoyed a cuppa and blether when we visited Sheila in Upper Largo this morning;  we turned over a few auld Colinsburgh names from yesteryear I can tell you   Sheila played the piano at the ‘Windmill Care Home’ in Cellardyke.   It was the Windmill then... it’s called ‘Willow’ Care Home now.


I have spent a lot of the afternoon ‘resting’... and will do the same tomorrow.   I think driving home in the dark must have made me super tired;  so it’s going to be another early night in bed with my book.   If I’m lucky I’ll have another night of 8 hours unbroken sleep.   Orf to make a cuppa .... and watch ‘Strictly’.



22.00    I’ve had a lazy night watching ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ and football.... in between catnaps.    I must stay awake to get the results of the dancing tomorrow evening! 

Tomorrow is going to be another quiet ‘rest day’ for the boy;  there’s a good weather forecast for KY9....‘sunny intervals and a fresh breeze’... so I might have turn round the villages on the bike.   Actually if I remember correctly the bike battery is low so it will have to be a short run in the morning, and, after I’ve charged the battery, maybe a longer run in the afternoon.   

I’ve had a really enjoyable day today....and I managed a short walk to the beach;  welll...


not actually onto the beach as the tide was well in.   I sat on a bench, wrapped up like a polar because it was cold; until I saw a couple of swimmers enjoying the surf.   I then felt really cold, and thought of a warm cuppa!   The beach was busy.    

   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....