Red sky ....

23rd November 2022 (Wednesday)   08.45 .... The crock pot is ‘on’ with the


batch of soup as per ‘plan’;  and we had a bonnie, and slightly ominous looking, red sky.    I wasn’t on the beach to catch it as I’d slept in, and was still in my pyjamas when I took the photo from the front gate.
 I’m now fully operational and ready to ‘play’.   Another cuppa is required ... to help activate the kneecaps.


10.45   I’m feeling more positive again;  yesterday was a naughty ‘negative’ day:  I’d convinced myself that I’d booked the car in for another MOT, instead of to get the failed things made good.   Iain phoned the garage this morning .... and..... I had booked it in properly.   So I’m a happy boy again.

I’ve been for the paper.... and to the re-cycling point at Woodhaven to deposit a batch of jam jars.   Jam jars aren’t very ‘Elie and Earlsferry’, but sound the same as wine bottles when dropping into the bin!.... and I like Mackay’s jam... especially in a rice pudding!   Must ‘go’ ever so slight ‘flap on’ this morning;  if it isn’t raining I’m going to sweep up the leaves at the front door!   After ‘morrrrrrrrning coffee! 





21.00    I never got the leaves swept up... we had light rain for a wee while in the morning.   It brightened up after lunch, and I fell asleep watching Germany v Japan.    I looked up the score later on and found that I’d missed an exciting end to the game;  Japan won 2 -1.   Not the expected outcome apparently.

I had a cuppa after waking up to a bonnie afternoon so, feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ I got the bike out and biked to the harbour.... the first time I’ve done this for a few weeks.    There was a bonnie late afternoon/pre sunset light about so I was happy.  I enjoyed being out on the bike again and hope to get out tomorrow after 10.00:  Jean (Anne’s cleaner) comes to pick up a key at 10.   I haven’t checked the weather for tomorrow.  3  minutes later; ‘strong winds and light showers’ are forecast so it looks like


the bike won’t be out;  though I might get luck and out after Jean picks up the key.... the morrrrrning could be the best bit of the day tomorrow.

I’m not surprised at the High Court’s decision re Scotland having another referendum:  although I think we are in favour of small countries having their independence.   I’m thinking of Ukraine and how democratic countries are supporting Ukraine in its struggle with Russia.    It’s a strange old world right enough.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....