Frost ....

21st November 2022 (Monday)    06.30.... Dearie me....we have the first


proper touch of wintry weather – frost.    It’s -1 on the garden thermometer and the car windscreen is covered with a heavy layer of ice.   There’s a light breeze off the East and the forecast doesn’t have us below freezing;  I’m thinkin’ that Ferry Road has its own micro climate.   I won’t be going anywhere until the frost lifts.   I have a washing ready to hang out but doing that would be pointless at the moment.   Apart from the fact that it’s dark... it would be awfie cauld on the haunds.

15.00   The car is ‘booked in’ to have its MOT problems fixed on Friday (25th);  I’m planning to walk hirple down to ‘Starbucks’ for morning coffee .... and maybe even a goodie.   Being in Leven gave me the excuse to go Alice’s for morning coffee and a blether;  lunch.   I dropped Alice off at one of her Leven friends on my way home, then bumbled home by the ‘new. scenic route..... sometimes called a ‘diversion’.

It’s much colder today;  definitely a feel o winter around the lugs.   I was thinking of going to the beach but its awfie cauld.   A w arming cuppa is what I need.

22.45   I set off for the beach but it was far too cold, so decided that a change of plan was required;  I went home to Ivy and did the ironing.... a cosy job for a cauld day.   I then sat down to watch the tele, and fell fast asleep, for over an hour;  this has been a ‘restful day’.   Tomorrow I plan to do some ‘ousework;  and....  maybe even bake.   I’m beginning to think the way I did before I caught COVID (at the end of March).

I can’t say that I enjoy this colder weather;  at the back of my mind is the cost of staying warm;  at present it looks like I am using about £120 worth of energy per month (combined gas and electric).   I’m with OVO and have an online account;  this gives me an instant update when I send in a reading....they will be able to give me a more accurate details of my usage after 2nd December.    It’s going to be a long and not overly warm winter I’m thinkin’.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....