Bright and breezy ....

10th November 2022 (Thursday)     09.15.... we have a ‘bright and breezy


morning’.... and the wind is to freshen, so it will be bright and very breezy in the afternoon, and on Friday.   I won’t be going out on the bike.

I was chatting to the workmen this morning and told them that I’d decided to have the tree/bush at the ‘office’ window removed;  Gerry had mentioned doing that but I wasn't sure.   It took them all of 30 seconds to do it.   I’d expected the sound of a saw cutting through the trunk; but, with the machinery they have nowadays all they had to do was grab the branches and uproot the whole thing;   just like pulling carrots.    We now have a ‘clean slate’ for a back garden.    Gerry and his team keep me up to date with what’s going on;  and are helpful in every way.    I’m enjoying their company.... and the sound of ‘work’.

16.00    My word we have a lovely space where the wild garden was;  I’m thinkin’ a good bit of the area could be turned into a patio....with a ‘romantic’ corner.   The time to have that done would be now, while there access to have slabs and sand delivered to the site.   I’ll have to discuss this s ‘plan’ with the ‘troops’.   It would be a good, well sheltered, sitting area.


The sky is well overcast in fact it looks like it might rain, though rain isn’t mentioned in the forecast.   Wind is mentioned..... and wind we have.

I have been along at Alice’s most of the day;  we had lunch and chatted, before having a quick trip to Leven.   It wasn’t a day for the beach.



21.00    This has been a very restful day; talking about the ‘good old days’ is always relaxing.   And the back garden is ideal patio territory....I’ll see Gerry about that tomorrow.   The car s booked in for its MOT at 09.30 on Tuesday;  and  I have to remember that the way to Leven is via Largoward so will have to leave half an hour earlier than usual.   That route will be a bit of a nuisance, (for four weeks) but it’s a bonnie road to travel.   I assume it will also be the bus route.

I suppose I’d better give the car a tidy up, and check the tyre pressures etc. before


Tuesday;  it’s going to be too windy to go biking so tomorrow will be a good day to do that.   Shona might come down....I still have the cake I bought to take up to her the other day!

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....