Extremely bad hair day ....

18th November 2022 (Friday)   07.30 .... Hmmm .... We’ve had a wet

Janice and Alberto - Glastonbury.

night;  Lochgelly has had 50mm (2 inches) of rain in the last 36 hours.   I imagine we’ll have had the same (if not more).... and there’s more to come:  strong winds and heavy rain showers being the forecast for today.... Fife is included in an ‘Amber’ warning, for heavy and prolonged rain.   Not a good hair day!

Alice phoned, last night, to say that she couldn’t find her purse last; I found it in the car....so I’ll take trip to Leven to do a shopping and return said purse to happy owner.   I’d intended going to the ‘Store’ to do some shopping, this morning, anyway;   it will help pass a damp morning.   I’m looking for sunny spells later today;  though I doubt if I’ll get out on the bike.

15.30    That’s one happy lady (Alice) reunited with her purse, and me with a few bits and pieces of shopping done.   The journey to Leven was, quite frankly, horrendous;  I have never driven through so much water before.   The road from Pitcorthie House up to Balniel Farm was like driving up a shallow river;  and the road down the side of Largo Law to Upper Largo was the same.... except it was down... travelling with the water not against it.   The dip at Monturpie had at least 12 inches of water in it....with a queue of vehicles waiting to go through it on both sides.  It was a challenging journey;  but, the journey home wasn’t quite as bad, because the Monturpie dip had been cleared.   Dust

Isle of May.

was not a problem.   I have to say this;  the old car never faltered and chugged her way through it all ‘nae bother’.   Pity she’s got to be scrapped.   Iain postponed his trip down from Auchnagatt until early tomorrow morning due to the A90 being closed at Stracathro.   The A90 has been reopened, but it wouldn’t be an enjoyable journey with darkness coming down.

Driving through all that water had me going straight to Sainsbury’s (Leven) instead of the Cheap Shop (Bargain Store);  I was in need of a comfort break!    After a cuppa with Alice she and I went down to the Bargain Store where we met Karen (Alice’s daughter) and finished off the shopping, before going to the Starbuck’s Coffee Shop next door.   The girls then set off for Sainsbury’s, and me on the journey back to The Royal Burgh;  after an eventful journey.

22.00    I’ve been cat-napping all afternoon so I’m thinkin’ it’s time for the bedtime

Bass Rock.

chocolate.  I’m guessing that driving in all that water has made me tired;  I won’t get up early tomorrow morrrrning.   Iain won’t arrive until about 10.30.    Although I had a camera with me today I was never in a position to take any photographs.   I’ll have a quick dive into the Archive to find something;  I have plenty to pick from.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....