Armistice Day ....

11th November 2022 (Friday)   Armistice Day.


07.00 .... It’s windy, and is going to be all day, but it is not cold.....it’s 15C on the garden thermometer, but the wind will make it feel a couple of degrees cooler;  for this time of year it’s exceptionally warm.   I’m going to the beach in a wee while (the length of time that it takes to have another cuppa);  sunrise is at 07.40.

10.45 .... There is definitely an abundance of fresh air on the beach.... F7 out in the Firth
slightly less on the beach..... but it’s not cold.    The wind was annoying when trying to take a decent photo, even with the monopod;  however I got a few.   I met Carol out for her morning walk; she was going East with the wind on her back; I was trying to go West, to a sheltered spot in the lee of the dunes....it was hard work walking into the wind.  I think it will be morrrrrning coffee time after this update;  then I'll go for the paper.

15.00   ‘Rest day?’ .... I seem to have forgotten that that was the ‘plan’.   For a start, walking intae the wind, on the beach this morning, was not one of my best ideas.   Since then I have done the lobby, kitchen and bathroom floors.  This has definitely not been a ‘rest day’; having said that I am happy that I have been ‘active’....tomorrow will now be the ‘rest day’.

Work is going on apace next door;  they are an impressive team of workmen;  and that machine (the one that was used to remove the tree in 30 seconds) is something else.  

It’s hard to believe but the garden thermometer was at 18C the last time I looked.   No wonder the glaciers are melting.


20.30    My word, it has been warm today and it’s still warm;  I’ve been out at the front gate to browse the street.   Actually, there wisnae much to browse, but I noticed that Ferry Road was wet, so we must have had a shower o’ rain.   Tomorrow is absolutely going to be a ‘rest day’ .... and I won’t be walking into any strong winds again.  The plan work on the back garden ‘reinstatement project’ tomorrow;  and that will include having a load o’ tea breaks.  

The photo of a Cowslip, was taken in Michael and Janice’s garden (Sussex) this afternoon.... It’s 5 months early.   The seasons are changing all over the planet.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....