Bright and very breezy ....

2nd November 2022 (Tuesday)      09.00 .... The Ferry Road ‘hole’ is being


finished as I type;  the traffic lights might be removed later today.   I’ll miss them (the lights).... I regarded them as friendly things, (albeit a   bit of a nuisance);  as a safety thing they were brilliant, they reducing the speed of the traffic coming down Ferry Road.

There’s a frisky old breeze this morning, but I had my early morning wander to the beach.... and the air feel colder.   That said it’s a nice morning for being out;  the wind is freshening and should reach F6 -7  in the afternoon. 

I’m going to take the car up to Elie for the paper (and milk)....and have the mandatory run down to the harbour after breakfast.   I have the ‘Friendship Lunch’ in the kirk hall at 12.30 .... food and friendly chat;  luv’ that.

14.30    The ‘Friendship Lunch’ was slightly quieter than the October one.... probably because of the weather conditions.  It’s wet and windy now... but the wind isn’t as fresh as was expected;  it’s F5 where the ‘Carlo Martello’ is, out in the Firth.

'Airlie' hedge.

This morning I bought a couple o’ scones planning to go up to Shona’s after the Friendship Lunch, but the weather changed my mind:  I’ll bike up to Kinneuchar on Friday.    Friday’s forecast is good for biking;  let’s hope it disnae change.   I’ll devour the two scones I bought today (one with my mid afternoon cuppa today... and the other tomorrow) and buy fresh ones on Friday.

21.00    It’s a wild and wet evening, but that didnae stop the bloke who came to dismantle and take away the Ferry Road traffic lights.  He arrived at 18.30....just as the weather was at its wildest and wettest; so, thanks to one dedicated workman, it’s all ‘go’ on Ferry Road again.

‘Sunny intervals and a fresh breeze’ is the weather forecast us tomorrow; obviously the

Smart lookin' patch.

rain is expected to move away overnight.  Actually that means tomorrow could be a good drying day, so I might do a washing.   Friday, as far as I can make out, is the day to go out on the bike.

‘Rural Developments’ are making good progress next door;  as are ‘Tidy Gardens’ at Airlie, where they, Tidy Gardens’ are planting a shelter hedge.   It’s ‘Go’ all around me.   I’ll do a wee bit o’ work in the garden.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....