Breezy with showers...

6th November 2022 (Sunday)    08.45 ....I wasn’t that confident that I


wouldn’t get caught in a shower on the beach this morning, and, although dry when I left Ivy it started to rain just as I got to the bottom of Cross Wynd.    The camera was ‘bagged’ and the rain wasn’t heavy so I went onto the beach and found a semi sheltered corner of the dunes.   The wind direction was the problem;  is was from the South.   Sunrise wasn’t until 07.29 so I spent a frustrating 10 minutes watching the sky change colour... unable to uncover the camera.   However, if nothing else, when I’m out with the camera I am ever hopeful.  Would you believe it, the shower moved away and the rain stopped two minutes before sunrise;  I would have dry spell until the next shower came..... 5 minutes later.    I am a happy boy.

17.30  With the 'Ferry Lodge' workmen being off for the weekend, I took the chance to cut down a couple of bushes at the end of the garden.  When doing this I discovered that a Gooseberry bush has much sharper thorns than a rose bush.  A job that I thought would take about five minutes, took about an hour by the time I’d cut the bush down then cut it into little bits, to go into the ‘broon bucket’.   A Buddleia bush got the same treatment in ‘nae time’;  no thorns to bother me there.


23.00    I’m typing this during the adverts on an episode of ‘Rebus’;  I like Rebus because it takes place Edinburgh and reminds me when I worked there.   Better ‘go’....the adverts will be finished.   That’s ‘Rebus’ finished.... now I can get on with this.   Not that there’s much to get on with ‘cos I haven’t done anything interesting.... just bit of gardening.   Oh one interesting thing;  I checked my OVO account and found that I am £829 in credit (both gas and electricity are on one bill now) and pay £214 per month.   That might come down once I send in the next meter reading on the 2nd December. I can’t say that I enjoy boosting the profits of BP and Shell investors but at least I know they don’t have to worry about their heating bills.   Actually....that disnae make me happy either!   The world is in a sad state.

Tomorrow I’m firing up the ‘crock’ pot with another batch o’ Scotch Broth for the freezer.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....