Nice morning .....

27th November 2022 (Sunday)     07.30 .... The weather forecast for KY9

Kinneuchar Station circa 1960.

today is...... 3 minute pause..... “a good drying day”!    In weather forecaster words;  “Sunny intervals with a fresh breeze”.    I’m looking forward to a bonnie day and, although feeling frisky, I intend pottering around Ivy most of the day.   I slept for nearly 7 hours (unbroken sleep) last night so must still be tired.... so this is another ‘rest day’.  Actually I might try to join the kirk service online;  I haven't been able to do that for a while.

15.30    The weather has been kind today;  my washing is dry and ready to iron.  I might do the ironing after this update.  Derek phoned to say he and Eileen  were going to visit  Alan and Jean (my brother and his wife who live in Coalsnaughton) tomorrow and would I like to have my Christmas cards delivered.   It took me all of two seconds to accept his offer... so I have been writing


Christmas cards.   Not a job that was in ‘the plan’ but then; neither was the migraine that kicked in at 11.00.... so I have written my first Christmas cards of the season!   With all that happening I didn’t join the kirk service but will do so on YouTube sometime this evening; and the migraine has curtailed my outdoor activities a bit so I haven’t been out with the camera.   However I enjoyed watching HMS Pinafore (English National Opera);  a change from football.... and might have a wee walk at sunset time.  

20.30   I’m feeling brighter tonight;  the migraine having annoyed me for the whole day.   And, I don’t think I mentioned this at the time, but a couple of days ago, when out on the bike, I ‘pranged’ my back and it has been bothering me too.    However I’m starting to ‘plan’ things again, and that’s always a good sign.   Tomorrow will be another ‘take it easy’ day...however, I might venture roond the Ferry on the bike to test my back.

I had a wee browse through some of the Owlbert Archive to find photographs for today.  

Pre 1947 Ferry Corner.

I did have the camera out in the garden but that’s building works and not very interesting, as things are, at the moment. I’m keeping a record for local history purposes; which also is why I photograph all the renovations and building work going on around The Ferry.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....