Amazing sunrise ....

5th November 2022 (Saturday)    08.45.... a ‘red sky in the morning’ is not a


good omen, but when I’m ‘stood staunin’ in the middle o’ all that bonniness I don’t think about what might come;  I get swallowed up by the moment.   It funny;  when I’m standing in the middle of the wet sand (and in all that redness) I become almost giddy.... and always have done:  it’s a magical feeling, in a magical place to be. 

We have a lovely morning but that might change; the forecast is ‘light rain with a fresh breeze';  but the day should end with a bonnie evening.


 19.00    Hmmmm ..... it’s been a mixed up kind o’ day, with bonnie start o the day and bonnie end, but the bit in between was mostly damp.   Luckily I’d gone to Leven and ended up watching a film, ‘The Baby Sitter’ on Izzy’s (Alice’s daughter) big screen.   That made,  the worst part of the day very enjoyable.  I was back at Ivy in time to go to the beach at sunset time.   Now I am very tired and about to begin watching 'Strictly':  I might miss some of it!


21.45   Janice (Uckfield) sent me a short video of the flooding at the Waitrose car park in Uckfield;  this is a regular occurrence when there’s spell of heavy rain.   Flooding events we’re having now show that building on a flood plain isn’t the best idea.  Luckily Janice and Michael live at the top of the hill well above any flooding risk;  even after all the glacier’s melt.  As a matter of interest;  if all the glaciers and ice sheet on earth melted, the sea level would rise by 70 metres.  That would make the High water mark somewhere on Balcarres Estate.   I’d better get up there on the bike soon.

I fell asleep, as I thought I would, while watching ‘Strictly’:  it’s the dancers... I get tired just watching them.

‘Plan’ for tomorrow?   I think the weather is going to be much the same as it was today;


cloudy and showery at first then brighter in the afternoon.    I might get out on the bike after lunch.  There’s some pruning I need to do where the builders have removed the old wall outside the wee bedroom window;  I’m hoping to do that in the morning;  I need sunny sp0ells to come our way by mid morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....