Bright and breezy ....

3rd November 2022 (Thursday)       08.30 .... thankfully the wind has


moderated overnight and we have a calmer, but slightly colder, day.  I’ve been to the harbour and the car is back at the gate so Ferry Road is ‘GO’ again.    The workmen are removing the roof of the old kitchen at Ferry Lodge so its ‘GO’ all around this morning.   I’m enjoying the sound of building work; though it will be quieter once the demolition part of the work is done.  




18.30    What a beautiful day we’ve had....the wind dropped away to zero and we ended up with ‘bright sunny and balmy’ afternoon.    I went to the beach and nearly fell asleep on Nana’s Seat.... I sat there for almost an hour just watching people strolling along the beach.   It was a perfect afternoon for strolling. 

Work is going on apace at Ferry Lodge;  the wall outside, what was Maggie’s ‘Office’ window has gone; I’ll get better photographs tomorrow.   I went to Sainsbury’s (Leven) then up to Alice’s to have lunch, that was followed by chatting to Alice and her friend Joyce for 20 minutes before I left the girls to enjoy their girlie couple of hours.   I was back in Ivy by 14.30. and had a quick cuppa before going to the beach.


Tom and Natalie’s laurel hedge is already looking good; and will give them back the privacy lost when the previous hedge, a mix of Russian Vine and other bushes was removed.

22.30   All I have done this evening is doze in front of the tele...watching bits of different programmes;  including one about the Great Wall of China that I wanted to watch from start to finish.  All the fresh air I have had today must have made me tired;  it certainly wasn’t work. 


The Master Plan for tomorrow is; to go up to Elie (on the bike) for the paper.... and buy

two scones at the Bakers, before charging the bike battery.   Then... after lunch I will bike up to Kinneuchar, with the aforementioned scones, to visit Shona.   Right now it’s chocolate time!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....