Bright, breezy and cool ....

4th November 2022 (Friday)    10.00....I remembered to get the paper.... and


I’ve been to the harbour to catch the sunrise.   It’s a lovely day but the wind has a wintry feel to it this morrrrrrrrning.   I’ll wrap up well and get the bike out after morning coffee.

The crock pot has bet set up with what is supposed to turn out as Scotch Broth;  but I have a funny feeling about it.  Anyway I’ll end up with something, hopefully edible, in 7 hours.


18.45   The ‘Scotch Broth’ turned out better than I expected it to be; it’s edible!   And I got 4 for the freezer so I’m a reasonably happy boy.   My main ‘worry’ was the stock that I used;  3 OXO vegetable cubes.   Not ideal but the soup tastes ‘nae bad’..... and I’ll get proper stock the next time.   I’d call today’s effort....a ‘nearly successful mission’.


With the wind being slightly cool (cauld on the lugs) I decided not to go out on the bike; mainly because I didn’t want to agitate the breathing tubes: they have been operating almost at pre COVID levels, now and again recently, and I’m likin’ that.   Fingers crossed that I’m shaking that off!   Anyway I didn’t go out on the bike but had a run up to Balcarres in the car in the middle of the afternoon.   Back at Ivy I had a quick cuppa before having a short wander to the beach before sunset.... on what has been been another
 bonnie afternoon.... albeit colder.

22.30    ‘Landward’(TV programme) was excellent this evening;  The World Clydesdale Show at Aberdeen  (October) was featured.   This is the first time the show has been to Scotland.   In fact it’s the first time in Europe: The Show originated in the United States and is usually there.   I didn’t fall asleep!

It’s cold tonight;  outside i.e..... I’ve been out shutting the gate!   ‘Light rain and  a


moderate breeze’ is our weather for tomorrow so there will be ‘nae biking’.   I think the afternoon is going to be the best part of the day;  and we might miss the ‘light rain’.

I’ve enjoyed myself today.   I didn’t get up to Shona’s but will do that the first day that looks good for biking.   I like doing Kinneuchar on the bike because I can stop and take photographs without having to park a car.  That reminds me;  the car goes for its MOT soon (due 25 Nov) so I’ll book that in for next week sometime.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....