Light frost ...

29th November 2022 (Tuesday)     09.30....It’s a beautiful morrrrrning, but


the car windscreen was frozen so there’s a cool air.   It was lovely on the beach;  balmy and peaceful and there’s hardly any wind so not very cold even if there was a touch of frost in the air.   Three brave swimmers (Elie Blue Tits) went in for their high tide time dip; it must have been cold ....but that didn’t seem to bother them.  I felt cauld!

There was never going to be a visible sunrise, due to a bank of low cloud.... however I was determined to catch the sun breaking out above said low cloud.   It eventually did, 25 minutes after actual sunrise.    I was ready for breakfast when I got back to Ivy, having been down there for nearly an hour.

14.00   I went to Elie (in the car) to hand in my prescription, and do a wee bit ‘o shoppin’.   I met Joyce who I haven’t seen for a while;  I must remember to tell ‘M’ the next time we’re on Skype that Joyce is looking well.... and younger.   I felt auld!


After doing the shopping; as I always do.... I went down to the harbour.   It’s a bonnie day, but there is a cold breeze so I didn’t hang around.  Actually I was ready for a decent morrrrrrrrning coffee, but it had to be my own concoction ‘cos ‘arbour ‘ouse isn’t open on a Tuesday.  

Even though I’ve been feeling sluggish I have done some work.... on the backing of the picture I framed.   It was an old frame that I have re-cycled and the previous picture had been sealed in with parcel tape.  We (Maggie and me) always used brown sticky tape (the kind you wet with a sponge) so I am hoping that the sticky tape adheres to the residue of glue left by the parcel tape.  Failing which I’ll have to us parcel tape; and I don’t like doing that..... I like doing things the old fashioned way.

21.00    I must remember to make an appointment with Govan (Opticians) to have an eye test;  I think I need new specs.   At the moment I have vari-focal specs but I don’t think that they agree with older eyes.   I’ll find out about that when I have the test.

This has been a good day for me, though my breathing has been iffy due to the cold air: 


having said that I really feel that I am shaking off the COVID.    It will all depend on the weather we have over the winter period.   It’s only 22 days until the shortest day.... and only 88 until the Spring Equinox (20th March).   (And 91 until my 58th(?) birthday)!   How time flies.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....