Warmer than I thought it would be ....

12th October 2022 (Wednesday)   07.00 ....it was awfie dark when I opened


Ivy gate this morning.... but, the light from the street lamp was enough to have ‘Blob’ was givin’ it laldie from the top o’ the rowan tree.... and ready for his breakfast.  That was at 06.00;  no wonder it was dark ....’first light’ isn’t until 07.0;  and sunrise 07.36....  but, from the beach it appears, over the East Links at 07.45 (ish).   It’s a nice morning .... quite warm (for the time of year);  but there’s only a light breeze just now so hardly any wind chill. 
 There’s a lot of low cloud towards the East so the sunrise might not be visible:  I’ll take a walk to the beach anyway.... that’s always a good way to begin a day.   

07.20   Oops.... I got togged up to go the beach... only to discover that it's raining;  only light rain.... but it's wet.   Kettle 'on' time .... again.   Sunny spells are forecast to come our way about midday.


10.15   When it’s wet that is the time to go shopping;  so I’m just back from a quick trip to B ‘n Q’s for lining paper (1200 grade) and wallpaper paste ....then on to The Bargain Store (both Leven) where I bought a huge bottle o’ Persil (Non Bio), and a few other bits and pieces.   

The sky is starting to break up from the SSW so the latest ‘plan’ is to go to the beach after morrrrrrrning coffee.   'Thought for my day';..... I remember when lining paper cost 1/- (5p) a roll.... it’s now £3.  I wish I hadn’t thought o’ that; it reminds me of the ‘good old days’.

20.15    When the weather cleared up in the afternoon I took a turn up to Chapel Green (bike;  I fancied the exercise.   There was the usual activity at the various building renovation sites.  Most of the scaffold has been removed from the ‘new’ Chapel Green House revealing one stunning ‘new’ building.   The stone work is incredible and has an ‘old fashioned dry stane dyke’ look to it.   I love it.   When Michael and Janice’s friends, Seb and Vicky, were here in the summer Vicky said.... “I like the way that no two houses are the same here;  on a big housing estate you can have a few hundred houses that are, more or, less identical”.    ‘Variety is the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavours’...William Cowper 1785.  

The sky is going to be clear overnight and the temperature is going down to 2C or


thereabout.   We’re to have ‘sunny spells and a moderate breeze’ tomorrow.... it could be a good drying day, and I haven’t any washing to do.   However I need to go into my shed to extricate the paste table... and a ‘sunny spells’ day will be perfect for doing that.            

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....