Bright, breezy and chilly ....

10th October 2022 (Monday)     09.30 .... There’s a fresh wind from the NW


and it’s chilly on the beach;  it’s a lovely morning but you need to be wrapped up.   I was.    There wasn’t much ‘appening;  the  Prince of Wales (aircraft carrier), with tugs Fidra, Incholm, Hopetoun and Craigleith in attendance is heading for Rosyth;   she is off Dalgety Bay just now. Low tide is at 09.45 so she will be passing under the bridges then;  she is going into the dockyard for repairs.

13.00 The HMS ‘Prince of Wales’, came up from Portsmouth to have a fault repaired (coupling on a propeller shaft), and is now is off Rosyth dockyard, waiting to be manoeuvred into a dry dock.   The repair is expected to take months rather than weeks. 

It’s a bonnie afternoon so I’m going to ‘ave a cuppa then get the bike out.... it’s a bit breezy but I’ll make for Elie Estate.


17.00   It was a bit breezy when I was at the harbour (nothing new there), but I enjoyed being on the bike again;  I must have looked like a blue polar bear.... but I was warm.... actually, in the shelter of the trees it was fine but not much warmer.   The problem with being under the trees the wind was negligible but,....as was the sunshine so, although there was hardly any wind chill, the air wasn’t much warmer.   Anyway.... I was warmly layered and didn’t feel cold.




20.30    The UK and New Zealand clock changes cause havoc with my Skype timing.   New Zealand changed their clocks a couple of weeks ago, making 12 hours the time difference between us.    I’m just getting the hang o’ the NZ change, when our (UK) clocks go back an hour (on 30th October) making the time difference 11 (or will it be 13?) hours.   Its hard work bein’ me!    I’m not alone in this; ‘M’ finds it tricky too!

I’m tired after a fairly busy but enjoyable day;  I met June (Maggie’s cousin -  she was


out for a walk) at the harbour and found a sheltered place, where we could chat.... and watch a bloke windsurfing.    June is looking and keeping well.   This is the first time I’ve seen June for a while.... so we had a lot to talk about.  

I'm thinkin' it's time to make the chocolate and find something to watch on the tele.

 







Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....