Bonnie morrrrrning ....

2nd October 2022 (Sunday)     07.30 ....It’s going to be a bright and breezy

The 'new' Four Winds.

morning ....so there’s a washing in the machine;  the ‘plan’ is to go  out on the bike once the sun is higher in the sky, the air a bit warmer ....and the washing on the line.   

12.30    There’s a frisky breeze right enough (F5 from the NW).... but I think I’ll get the bike out after lunch.   The London Marathon was on the TV so I kept an eye on that; I enjoyed long distance running when I was er ....  slightly younger. 

The washing is drying but shower clouds starting to bumble in from the West....I shall keep a ‘weather eye’ on them.   Orf to make that cuppa.

20.00   The wind had freshened by the time I went up to Chapel Green (on the bike).... but it was warm sheltered from the wind.   Chapel Green was busy.... busier than I expected it to be;  that said it was the middle of the afternoon.  I enjoyed a good session with the camera;  there was a lot going on around me.... on land and sea.   Loads of build work around The Ferry so that has been recorded for posterity.  

'Bear' - Dutch fire fighting vessel.
  





I moved all my stuff away from the garden wall today, as I think the ‘Ferry Lodge’ building work could be starting soon, though I haven’t actually heard if that is the case.   It will be interesting to be in the middle of a building site again:   in fact it got me thinking of when George (Alice’s husband) and I worked, in Cupar, for Bett Brother’s.   That was a good site to work on, but George and I got ‘paid off’ at Christmas time; the only time I either of us was ‘paid off’.   A few weeks after the New Year someone appeared at my door asking if we (George and me) would come back to work for Bett’s.  We didn’t.  

22.30   I’ve been watching ‘Karen Pirie’ (Channel 3) and can’t help thinkin’ that Lauren

Katherine Bank.

Lyle is far too young looking to play the part of Sgt Karen Pirie;  that said, I‘m enjoying the story.

Tomorrow is the local holiday so I imagine the villages could be busy with day trippers .... and folk on holiday: there’s always some new people to chat to when I’m out.   The weather forecast is ‘good’ for tomorrow;  Ferry Road might be back to normal by the end of the afternoon.

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....