Dreich ....

20th October 2022 (Thursday)     07.30.... It’s breezy and wet just now and I


won’t be going to the beach .... but there are encouraging signs in the Eastern sky, suggesting the rain will move away, to leave us with a cloudy but dry afternoon.   Of course I’m hoping for ‘sunny spells’.... but right now this is not a ‘play day’.

10.30    Forget the bit about ‘encouraging signs in the Eastern sky’ mentioned above ... the weather has deteriorated and we have a ‘wet and windy’ morning, with the wet being heavier that in was earlier.   I haven’t been further than the front gate so far today so I haven’t been out with the camera.... but I have been working in the kitchen: The slow cooker (crock pot) has been fired up with stewing steak I bought yesterday.   My next ‘plan’ is to set up one of my drawing boards with an A3 sheet of drawing paper;  regrettably I won’t get the new drawing board lined today.... unless the sun breaks through later!


14.30    Hmmmm.... it looks like ‘sunny spells’ won’t be happening this afternoon.  Never mind, we’ll have better weather tomorrow but with the wind off the North Sea drizzle/light rain might drift in.   I’ve had a reasonably active day so far.... but had a migraine (weather probably) at lunch time so feel lethargic now (pills).   The amended ‘plan’ is to have a catnap then go for a short walk,... if isn’t raining when I wake up.  

15.30    I woke up feeling ‘almost bright eyed and bushy tailed’ (after25 minutes) so wrapped  up and set off for the beach;  I abandoned after 50 metres... the rain was too heavy, so took three ‘snaps’ then went home and....put the kettle ‘on’.

20.30    The ‘News’ has been the main source of TV entertainment today....the  headlines being the continuing farce from Downing Street.   After all the shenanigans of the past few days, the Conservative’s will now pick a new Leader to unite the Party next Friday:  and there’s me thinking that we need someone to lead the country during these hard times: someone we would respect.... and someone that would respect the value and contribution of the 'workers'.    Interesting days ahead methinks.  

I’ve had two migraines today... brought on by the weather;  and... er... I did have a chocolate


biscuit with my afternoon cuppa.   ‘Light cloud and a moderate breeze’ is our forecast for tomorrow;  and I’m not going to mention ‘sunny spells’.... oops I just have!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....