Windy with showers....

26th October 2022 (Tuesday)     10.00 .... there’s a brisk wind driving clouds


over from the Southeast so we had an interesting sky at sunrise time:  the sun didn’t appear above the clouds until 30 minutes or so after actual sunrise time (08.05).   The wind has freshened since then and a blustery shower has just rattled over;  I doubt if I’ll get out on the bike... but the weather is supposed to brighten up by lunch time.  


17.00    We ended up with a bright and breezy day.... in fact it was very breezy in the later part of the afternoon;  and so breezy that I didn’t go out on the bike.  However I went up Barnett’s (Baker) in the car, forgot the paper, but remembered to go to the harbour.   Forgetting the paper was a big mistake today;  the Ferry Road hole was filled in this morning so I have nothing to browse.   The final surfacing of the road and eventual removal of the temporary traffic lights should happen before the weekend.   But life won’t be boring.... because work is beginning on the ‘Ferry Lodge’ extension.


I’ve had a restful;  yesterday I overdid the ‘work’ thing: not what anyone with long COVID is supposed to do.   If the body wants to rest... you rest: I tend to forget that.   Tomorrow is going to be a ‘rest day’.






20.30  The countryside is looking bonnie in its autumn colours;  Kinneuchar looks exceptionally bonnie, especially so from the Balbuthie Road.   Balcarres Estate is a ‘must do’ in the next few days.... as is Elie Estate some morning when I’m going for the paper.

Apart from sleeping, on and off, most of the afternoon I’ve had really satisfying day:  having enjoyed the beach in the morning and the run to the harbour in the afternoon.... and work on the computer.   That reminds me;  not only did I forget the paper today.... I forgot to book an appointment with Lorraine;  that I must do tomorrow.   

It’s a bit late to start feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’.... but that’s how I feel.  


After a bonnie sunset we should have a good day tomorrow.... though our weather forecast says ‘light cloud and a moderate breeze with the chance of precipitation’.   No mention o’ sunny spells.


    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....