Damp .....

19th October 2022 (Wednesday)     08.00 .... I intended going to the beach for


sunrise but there was a light Scotch mist blowing in at the time so that idea was cancelled;  unfortunately the wind is from the ESE so we could have spells of light mist now and again.... the forecast is ‘light cloud and a moderate wind (ESE) with the chance of precipitation’.    It’s a ‘light spot o’ retail therapy morning’.... not an enjoyable experience at today’s prices and knowing  that the extra money we’re paying is going towards widening the gap between rich and poor.   Actually I’m feeling ‘happy’ this morning;  not because I’m one of the ‘poor’ helping the rich get richer;  I’m happy  just because I’m ‘me’ and will mooch a cuppa with Alice when in Leven..... and, if the Scotch Mist moves away I might yet get to the beach after breakfast.

09.00   I had a walk to the beach but Scotch Mist blew in so I bagged the camera and abandoned the walk.    There's frisky wind but it's not too cold;  then again I was well wrapped up.


21.30    I did go to the beach after breakfast but the mist blew in so bagged the camera and bumbled my way home, had a cuppa then went to Leven.   The roads were busy, as was Sainsbury’s... in fact I was totally surprised at how busy Sainsbury’s was.   Everybody is buying carefully with a list now.... no browsing and picking up ‘goodies’!   I got everything on my list... the only extra being dishwasher tablets; which were on offer.  As ‘planned’ I went up to see Alice and mooched a cuppa, and good old blether which lasted so long that we then had lunch before I set off for Ivy.   My word the roads were busy... and the traffic lights at Leven didn’t help:   the westward bound queue was out beyond Blacketyside.  

When I got to Ferry Road I moored the car up on the East side of the road (near the traffic lights) to unload the shopping;  that didn’t take long.  When I was waiting for the lights to change a lorry tried to turn into Ferry Road from Williamsburgh but couldn’t negotiate the corner because of the roadworks.   The driver eventually went up the  Ferry High Street and it was then we saw why he couldn’t get round the corner.... it must have been the longest trailer that I have ever seen in The Ferry!   I assume he got out by way of Links Road;  it would have been interest seeing him negotiate the bridge at St Ford.

I’ve been watching ‘Handmade – Britain’s Best Woodworker’ on Channel 4;  they


contestants had some challenge this week.... brilliant programme.    I’m now watching the Mod Gold Finals (Channel 7) before going to bed after a busy and happy day.

The ‘News’ continues to entertain;  sadly, the only way that PM Truss can come out of this mess with any credibility is by resigning.   It’s totally unbelievable what’s going on.   


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....