Cloudy ....

27th October 2022 (Thursday)      09.00 ....The beach was huge, and fairly


busy at sunrise time; the sunrise was never going to be visible, due to a bank of low cloud, but there was a nice ambience around ...and loads o’ fresh air.  I’m going to have breakfast then go for the paper, and make an appointment with the hairdresser (Lorraine).




20.30    Progress with the Ferry Road ‘oles.... the pavement has been reinstated (I like that bit) and the road surface done tomorrow.... and back to normal.   It has been an interesting hole, but a bit boring, due to lack of activity for a number o’ days.

I went to Leven to do a shopping this morning;  then went to Alice’s for morrrning coffee and a blether... followed by lunch.   A couple of Alice’s friends came round so we had a really good blether:  sorted the World out in fact.... before I set off for Ivy.   The roadworks at Leven are ongoing;  I don’t know what it is about that road but it gets it share o’ work.   Let’s hope this is the last for some time.


I have an appointment with Lorraine (Hairdresser) on the 8th (November); she is a busy girl.   And I remembered the papers (Courier and East Fife Mail)... so feel very satisfied with today’s efforts.

21.45   I’ve been watching ‘Repair Shop’ (BBC) at Dumfries House tonight on i-player, having missed it on TV last night; they were repairing a clock and a Wemyss ware vase from Dumfries House.   The Wemyss ware vase (1897) was in a sorry state but looked ‘as good as new’ when repaired... and the clock was working, including the chime.  Prince Charles (as he was when the programme was made) was really pleased with both clock and vase. It’s a fascinating programme is ‘Repair Shop’.

This has been a restful day... and tomorrow is going to be another one.  I certainly know


that, when I’m feeling good, I overdo the work.... and suffer for it for a few days.   It’s going to be drawing day tomorrow, if the weather forecast, ‘heavy rain with strong winds’, happens:  however, most of the really wild weather over on the West Coast.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....