Mild .....

 

21st October 2022 (Friday)     07.15 .... the sun rises at 07.57 this morning


and sets at 17.58, so we could have 10 hours and 1 minute of ‘sunny spells’.  There are two very welcome changes with the weather this morning.... it’s not raining and it’s mild.   I might get the bike out to go for the paper.... assuming it stays dry; ‘Light cloud and a moderate breeze’ is the forecast.

09.45    We had a light rain shower when I went for the paper so I took the car;  I’ll go out on the bike after breakfast.   When I was out I went and  had  a wander round the harbour and noticed that moves are afoot for ‘Crane Our’ (Monday 24th).    I’m feeling brighter today and should get the drawing board lined later... when the sun breaks through.


16.30   It is a long time since I pasted paper so I enjoyed lining the drawing board, even though it wasn’t proper paper hanging;  as in ceilings or walls .... but I’m happy.  

I eventually went out on the bike, but only as far as Chapel Green then up to the Pony Field;  it was pleasantly warm but quite misty.... in fact there was a bank of low cloud at the other side of the Balcarres ridge.   There was something in the air that agitated the breathing tubes, which I why I didn’t stay out long.

 19.30    I’m tired.... I didn’t think that paperhanging was hard work!   Oh well tomorrow will be a rest day;  having said that the weather dictates what I do,  and tomorrows weather is slightly ‘iffy’..... ‘light rain and a gentle breeze’;  hopefully the light rain will be in the form of showers in between long sunny spells;  otherwise it will be a drawing day.    I’ll start the ‘back of Ferry Corner’ because that’s on my mind just now with the work at Ferry Lodge beginning soon.   

The villages are busy... in fact the villages are always busy, as are the roads around the


East Neuk;  and The ‘Royal Burgh’ is a community once more.   Maggie would like that.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....