Breezy and overcast....

4th October 2022 (Tuesday)  08.00   The sky is heavily overcast with a brisk


wind and the chance of squally showers.... in fact the next few days are going to be windy, with a yellow warning for wind on Wednesday; and probably Thursday.    Funnily enough, the wind was warm when I first went out this morning, but I don’t think I’ll be biking anywhere for a couple of days.   I’m going to do some drawing today; that’s always relaxing.

09.45   I went down to the beach to have the cobwebs blown away:  and they were!   Strangely enough, though windy it isn’t a cold wind.   However it began to spit rain when I was down there so I put the camera in the bag and ambled back to Ivy.    It’s now ‘wet and windy’.   Yep.... it’s a drawing day.


21.00    Instead of drawing I ended up phoning Alice to see if she needed tormenting;  luckily she did .... so I went to Methil, had a cuppa with Alice then we went to Leven to do my shopping, including the ingredients I need for my ‘line em’ up’ sweet.   (I forget the name of it).   We went back to Alice’s, where we had lunch and a braw long chat about ‘the good old days’, before I came home.... to find the Ferry Road still ‘closed’ but the holes finished.   Since then the road has been ‘opened’ officially....with the cones and barriers on the pavement, ready to be uplifted tomorrow.

The rain cleared away in the afternoon o leave us with a dry, if windy, late afternoon / evening.   We’re forecast to have rain overnight, clearing away in the morning;  I might have a ‘lie in’.  The forecast for the daylight hours is ... ‘light rain with a fresh breeze’.

There’s a ‘Friendship Lunch’ in Elie kirk hall tomorrow, so I’ll go to that:  it’s always a


happy event, with a good food and banter.  This will be the first time I’ll have been to anything like this, in Elie Kirk Hall, since before the pandemic.  It will be good catching up with friends... old and new.

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....