Frisky breeze....

9th October 2022 (Sunday)   09.00 .... it was breezy, with a few spots o’ rain


when I was on the beach.... but as cold as I’d expected it to be.   The forecast is for the wind to freshen and the rain heavier.... wet and windy in other words.    Most of the heavy rain is to be in the West.   I’m feeling ‘normal me’ this morning;  pity it isn’t a ‘play day’ weather forecast!





21.30    After breakfast I decided to go shopping;  and it would be in Leven so that I could have a cuppa with Alice before she, and her neighbour Fiona went off on their coach tour to Yorkshire.   On the way to Leven I could see that the West of Fife was under seriously heavy looking clouds (which is often the case when bas weather is coming in from the West) .... luckily enough the rain never reached us until late in the afternoon;  in fact we had a reasonable day.   Anyway I enjoyed my morrrning coffee with Alice and was back home by midday.   Since then I have looked out my drawings of the pre 1947 Ferry Corner (back of the houses that were demolished) and will make a start on the final drawing tomorrow;  that’s my project for the next few days.


According to the weather forecast tomorrow is going to be a ‘good drying day’;  or, in meteorological words...‘sunny with a fresh breeze’.   That’ll do me.... the washing will be on the line by 09.00.  

I am looking forward to the building works starting at Ferry Lodge soon; the camera batteries have been charged, and the cards emptied ready to record the action.  It will be interesting to see what is found when the foundations are being dug;  at one time there was a building behind Ivy Cottage; Maggie and I thought it was a stable;  a jaw bone (horse) was found when we had work done in 1980.  There is an old photograph that an old ‘collapsed’ roof: exciting times ahead.   (It won’t take long before the new build gives me back my privacy again).   There used to be a hedge (which I cut every year... both sides) where the present wall (that’s going to be demolished) is.   The hedge replaced the


original fence.  I remember Maggie and I were away on a holiday, and, when we got back home the hedge had been removed and a shallow trench dug for the foundations of a new wall to replace the hedge.   The planting of the hedge that replaced the original fence, had been another surprise).   Life was full of surprises in those days.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....