Wet .....

24th October 2022 (Monday)    08.30 ....at the moment the weather is ‘overcast


with light rain’ ....and the sky is not very promising looking.   However the westward pointing Fife weather cams do show promising signs... so I’m hoping that those ‘promising signs’ reach us before ‘Crane Out’ begins.... at 11.00 (ish).    I’ve been for the paper, and bought a copy of Pat Bell’s (Hughes) book about the local curling clubs;  I didn’t go to the harbour, and I didn’t even take a camera with me;  it’s that kind of morning.   However...I'm a happy boy ....there’s nae dust in the air, Lochgelly is basking in sunshine;  and there's a 'bloo' sky over Largo Bay.   Sunny spells coming soon!

16.00   The rain moved out... and sunny spells moved it;   a perfect morning for ‘Crane Out’.   The crane had been set up when I got to the harbour, and I enjoyed an hour or so of happy snapping, before photographing my way home to Ivy Cottage ....and a welcome cuppa.  


At the end of the 2019 summer ‘JB’ and I made the front wall of Ivy ready for painting the following summer;  but COVID arrived and brought an end to that plan.   Today I washed the worst bits of the front wall and hope to prime them, on the first bright sunny day, ready for painting next summer.     

 17.30    I had a wander down to the beach to have a relax on Nana’s Seat; the beach was busy with folk enjoying the late afternoon sun (I think this must be a half term holiday), the sky interesting.   A peaceful 15 minutes just ‘falling apart’... and I met a new friend, Chris, on the way up from the beach.   I’m a happy boy.

19.30    We’ve had a bonnie day and I am tired at the end of it.  The yachts and boats are


on the pier for the winter and the harbour quiet again.   Thinking about winter makes me realise that Christmas is only 61 one ‘sleeps’ away.   Folk won’t have the money to spend on Christmas;  with the cost staying alive, and warm, reaching astronomical levels, spending on Christmas will be well down the list of necessities.

Hopefully we’ll have a bonnie day tomorrow;  the weather forecast is ‘light cloud and a moderate breeze’ ....  it could be a good drying day.   I’ll check first thing in the morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....