Overcast ....

5th October 2022 (Wednesday)      07.45 .... We’ve had some overnight rain

'Craigleith' - tug.

but it was fair when I went for the paper;  the rain band is moving away Southeast.   The Fife weather cams are all ‘grey’ at the moment, but we should have sunny spells by mid morrrrrrrrrrrning.   There’s fresh breeze from the West (F4-5 out in the Firth) but it doesn’t feel cold.  I’ll get the bike out when the sun breaks through.   And ....Ferry Road is back to normal;  my car is moored up at the gate.

20.30   The ‘sunny spells’ eventually arrived about lunch time;  we were at the ‘Friendship Lunch’ in the Kirk Hall when the sun broke through.  Catching up with everyone, (after the long spell of ‘lying low’ due to COVID), was very enjoyable.... as was the food.   Everyone seems to be getting back to a near normal routine again.... but there’s no doubt that life is ‘different’ now.   Life will never be the same as it was before COVID; there’s too much political posturing and change happening, all over the world.


After the Friendship Lunch I went home to pick up the camera, then went up to Kinneuchar via Balbuthie;  by this time it was a bonnie afternoon albeit breezy.   All was quiet on the Kinneuchar front....I didn’t see anyone.   I was in the car with it being too windy to go on the bike.

Back at Ivy I downloaded the few photos I had taken, then made a cuppa and went out to The Hutte ... and fell asleep.   I woke up with ‘Blob’ glowering at me from where he was perched.... on my shoe.   I fed him ....again.

The wind sounds like it has freshened a bit.... in fact it’s going to be windy all day


tomorrow;  F6 most of the time.   It could be a good drying day but there’s a chance of blustery showers later in the afternoon.   I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow.... not yet anyway.... and I cannae think why I feel tired;  I haven’t done any ‘work.   Drawing can’t be called ‘work’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....