Thunder plowts ....

8th September 2022 (Thursday)      08.00 ....A good old rumble or two of


thunder and a spot o’ rain cleared the air this morning; having said that, although the Aberdour weather shows the sky beginning to break up I imagine there will be more rain and perhaps thunder, before sunny spells arrive.   It’s bucketing doon at Elie and Earlsferry just now.

17.30    My word... I feel much better since having my haircut this morning.  Lorraine’s floor looked like a white carpet when she was finished.... well.. that’s maybe a slight exaggeration; but there was a lot o’ hair on the floor and it was all mine.  

It has been a funny old day, with a lot of heavy rain up until I went for my haircut, when the sun broke through, and we had long sunny spell until it started to cloud over in the afternoon.   There’s a Yellow warning for thundery showers until 23.45 tonight for Fife;   and the forecast for Friday morning isn’t very promising if you’re wanting a good ‘drying day’.


I’ve had a quiet afternoon watching the News reports about HM the Queen, and the Tour of Britain cycle race.... and doing some ‘ousework.    I’m now thinking ‘food’.   ‘Puku’ (bless his wrinkly ‘8’ pack) is hungry.





21.30   “HM The Queen died at Balmoral this afternoon” was the sad news we got on our TV screens later in the afternoon.   Her Majesty was an ever present, and stabilising influence, in the background of my life: and the lives of all the folks of my generation.   I remember walking down, from Waid Academy, to the Mercat Cross in Anstruther to hear Princess Elizabeth being proclaimed ‘Queen’ on February 8th (Friday) 1952.   I’ll never forget the day when Her Majesty and Prince Philip had lunch at the Craw’s Nest, that was the kind of day dreams are made of;  that said a lot of work went into making that lunch the brilliant success it was.    My job on the day was raising and lowering the Royal Standard, flown while the Queen was in the Craw’s Nest.   And a final thought; it will be strange having a King’s head on our stamps.  Yes I am much saddened tonight. 

  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....