Cloudy ....

28th September 2022 (Wednesday)     09.15 .... We have a cloudy start to


the day....with the clouds being heavy enough cloud to give us a few spots o’ rain now and again;  that said it’s a nice enough morning to be out and about.... and... sunny spells could come our way later.

I’ve been for the papers (in the car), then had a short walk to the beach; the plan is to get the bike out when the aforementioned sunny spells arrive.   Right now it’s breakfast time. 


20.30   The Ferry Road sewage repair work continued today;  ‘Ipsum’ arrived with a huge drain sooker, and camera to check the drain... the broken sewage pipe has been cut, and it will be the ‘Clancy’ workmen’s job to fit the new bit of pipe and fill in the holes ready for the tarmac.   Although the ‘Diversion’ signs are still in place the cones have been moved aside at the top and bottom leaving a space for vehicles to get through.  That has been the excitement for today.


I never did get out on the bike;  for some reason my asthma cut in about 10.00 and didn’t calm down until late afternoon.....so I’ve had a ‘lazy’ day.  However, today I was able to finish two ‘Fiendishly Hard’ Sudoku’s that I had to leave a few days ago; a sign that my brain is getting back to normal after the latest round of jabs (last Wednesday). The weather has been a bit mixed so I was happy to sit in The Hutte doing Sudoku’s.... and have a long catnap.

With a fully charged battery on the bike I’m looking for a decent day to go up to Balcarres on the bike, but we’re going though an unsettled spell of weather just now.   ‘Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’ is the forecast for tomorrow but there’s a chance of light showers.... so I doubt if I’ll do Balcarres tomorrow.   Anyway I might have action


on Ferry Road....the job should be finished on Friday.  The sewage pipes are not that deeply buried under the road surface, and.... with the weight of some of the vehicles I’ve seen on Ferry Road, it’s not surprising that the sewage pipes fracture.    


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....