Damp ....

22nd September 2022 (Thursday)     07.15 .... we’ve had a long spell o’


light rain overnight... and it’s still raining, in fact it’s dreich.   However the rain is slowly moving away towards “Sunny Sussex” to leave us with sunny spells by midday.  Sunny spells would be very welcome....because my camera is due for delivery around midday!

I’m feeling fine this morning.... which slightly surprises me ‘cos I usually have a ‘slightly under the weather’ couple of days after vaccinations. This morning I feel almost playful. 

08.15    The papers have been uplifted and the harbour visited.... it was raining at that time so I only took a couple of photos at the harbour, to let you see what kind of morning we have.   The sun is trying to break through.... and will do before the postie delivers a parcel to ‘Ivy Cottage’.


11.30   The weather is slowly improving..... but the sunny spells might be a wee bit later in arriving;  more likely the middle of the afternoon than midday.  I’m having morning coffee before doing an ironing;  oh, and I’m starting to feel ‘slightly under the weather’, which is how I normally feel 24 hours or so after a vaccination.   Once I get my hands on the camera, the ‘slightly under the weather’ symptoms (dizziness) will fade into the background.   Orf to do the ironing. 

16.00    The postie appeared (with camera) at 12.05.... and the sun began to break through at 15. 30.... so we have one happy boy who, after finishing an afternoon cuppa (one of many) hopes to have a short wander out with aforementioned camera.   I’ve entered the time and date, and my settings for the photos so I’m ready to ‘rock ‘n roll.   The only after effect I seem to have from the jabs is mild dizziness, which is why I won’t be going out on the bike....nor venturing too far.

20.30   I eventually wandered down to the beach, but not on to the beach, and took a


batch of trial photos with the SX70 (repaired by Iain) and everything is as it was before I damaged it by falling on top of the camera at the Breakwater.   We have a happy boy in Ivy tonight.   I’m hoping to get some bird photos tomorrow morning... and I’ll fix the camera on top of the monopod and take release cable with me,  that way the photos will pin sharp.   ‘Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’ is the forecast so the light should be good first thing.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....