Autumnal morning ....

15th September 2022 (Thursday)      09.30 .... There’s real touch of Autumn


in the air this morning.... but that only adds to what is a cracker o’ a mornin’.   I’ve been for the paper, and to the harbour (in the car), where I met Carole, out for her morning walk:  we chatted about the villages.... even Alan was mentioned (regarding flags).  It’s all good at Elie and the harbour;  just the Ferry to check later in the morning.... when the air is warmer ‘cos I’ll be on the bike. 

 

17.30   I was working on the computer when I heard a helicopter flying extremely low, in fact is sounded like it was going to land.   I grabbed a camera and rushed (like hare walking) out to Ferry Road;  it was low and going in to land on the ‘Pony Field’.   I presume it was a party o’ golfers coming to play round the golf course.   I thought ... ‘Albert my boy you haven’t got a photo of an Augusta helicopter on the pony field’!   So I grabbed the bike;  and ..... I now have photos of a helicopter on the ‘Pony Field’.   I didn’t speak to the pilots, though I would have done if I’d known they were going to sit there for the duration of around o’ golf ... or whatever it was the passenger(s) were doing.   I’m a happy boy.

20.30   The boiler cupboard is back to normal .... and I had a (short) trial run o’ the central heating.   All is good for winter.   The shelf unit is back in place and the ‘stuff’ is on the shelves.   Not my favourite task but it’s only once a year that it needs doing.


The only time I was out on the bike was when the ‘chopper’ landed.... most of the day has been a rest day after working on the boiler cupboard.    Tomorrow is going to be another ‘rest day’;  in fact Alice is coming along on the 11.30 bus and we’re going to Pittenweem Braes to see the ‘shelter’ and the swimming pool.   Now that the coffee mornings have restarted I must take Alice to one;  she, George  and ‘The Troops’ lived in Colinsburgh for a number of years, so she might meet someone she knew then... although we doubt it.   Still Alice  enjoys meeting people.... I’ll take her to one  on the Colinsburgh ‘Lite Bite’ lunches.

It has been cooler today and the forecast is for Autumn to continue now that it has started in earnest.   When you think about it there are only 100 days left until Christmas!

21.30     When I’m having my cuppa(s) I watch the people filing past the Queen’s coffin;   it’s an outpouring of ‘love’ on a massive scale... it’s so poignant.    Although I couldn’t do it now, I am get a lot of comfort from watching others do what I would have done had I been fit enough.  


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....