Grey and damp ....

20th September 2022 (Tuesday)   08.30 .... There’s been some light rain


overnight and the sky is still heavily overcast .... so there’s the chance of more light rain;  however, the air doesn’t feel as autumnal as it has been for the past few days.... and, I’m feeling positive and expect a few sunny spells in the afternoon.   This might be a good day to do a wee bit of retail therapy;  it has to be wee as prices continue their upward spiral.

21.15    The early morning cloud evaporated, and we had a lovely afternoon;  in fact I went to the beach.... something I haven’t been doing very often,  since having the virus 6 months ago.   I must be getting better.   That reminds me;  I go to Ainster to get my two pre winter booster jabs tomorrow.

My initial ‘plan’ was to go for some retail therapy, but I changed my mind when I saw that the ‘Cheap Shop’ was extremely busy.    I’ll do my shopping first thing in the morning in future;  as I did during the pandemic.  So, instead of shopping, I visited, and had morning coffee with Alice.... then lunch;  so I had an enjoyable run to Leven.


Back home I did a couple of Soduko’s, and had a cuppa in The Hutte.   It was while sitting there watching Blob, scoffing the digestive crumbs, that I decided to take a walk to the beach.  It was a perfect afternoon for the beach, and it was busier than I expected.   We had two artists with their easels set up on the beach painting ‘plein air’: I didn’t like to bother them, but, with hindsight I suspect that one of the artists would be Georgie Vestey.   I’ll have a wander to the beach again tomorrow afternoon to see if it is her.

It will be hard coming to terms with having King Charles III as our monarch, but I’m sure he will do ‘the job’ as his mother Queen Elizabeth would want him too.   I’m glad that he, and the Queen Consort, have come to Balmoral to allow grieving to take its natural course, after the 10 hectic days of protocol.

Myra has just phone to say that it’s the Colinsburgh Lite Bite lunch tomorrow;  so I’ll


miss that ‘cos my jab time is at 11.. or is it 12.4?... round about midday.   I’ll check the contact letter before I go.... it’s on the back of the front door, so that  don’t forget!

Iain has done a major repair, and rebuild of my SX70 camera (I fainted and damaged it when I had the virus);  it’s coming by post so I should have it ‘in my hauns’  on Thursday or Friday.   I am one happy boy... and will be a really happy boy when I go out and about with my SX70 again.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....