Slightly damp ....

6th September 2022 (Tuesday)     08.15 .... the sky is overcast after some


overnight rain, but the forecast  for KY9 is, ‘thundery showers with a moderate breeze’ by lunch time.   Thundery showers should give us sunny spells with interesting clouds;  I’m thinkin’ it could be a motivating kind o’ day....with the chance of precipitation near enough to enjoy the clouds, but far enough away to miss the precipitation.   It’s breakfast time.

20.30    Welll... the sunny spells were few and far between.... and we got our share of the precipitation;  however the clouds were not overly exciting.... not until the evening when a big storm moved in off the North Sea making for the Dundee area.   That was impressive:  unfortunately I was in the car (and it was raining) so didn’t get any photos.   The ‘red sky at night etc.’ last night was ever so slightly wrong!

Alice and I cancelled the Pittenweem Braes plan and had lunch (provided by Alice), then went to Kellie Castle, where we spent an enjoyable hour on a guided tour, with ‘Barbara’ as the Guide, .....an excellent and edifying way to spend a dull afternoon.   We went back to Ivy and had a cuppa and blether, followed by denner at 17.00 before I took Alice back home.... after a very enjoyable day.

There’s only one set of temporary traffic lights on the way to Leven;  operating on the A915 from the top of Largo Brae to the Lower Largo junction at the beginning of Lundin Links.   The Lundin Links Hotel has been converted into a heap of bricks, so that part of the A915 is fully operational again.

Today’s  weather was a bit of a letdown;  the only exciting cloud I saw was the one I mentioned.... but it was spectacular.    We’re forecast to have ‘light cloud and a moderate breeze’ tomorrow... probably with the chance of light showers now and again.  I will be looking for sunny spells and interesting clouds.   I am going to a crafty thing in Letham Glen tomorrow morning;  it will be different from my normal activities and I look forward to seeing what it is all about, and hope to contribute something to the morning.... even if it’s only to chat and have a cuppa with somebody.   I’ll look out something to take with me though it will probably be research stuff.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....