Sad ....

9th September 2022 (Friday)    Maggie and I were married on this date 61 years ago....how time flies right enough.

08.00 ....The sky is overcast and everywhere wet after heavy overnight rain... however


it’s 
fair just now, but the weather forecast for KY9 is ‘cloudy with a moderate breeze and a chance of precipitation’... which means there might be a ‘chance of sunny spells too’ (though highly unlikely by the look of the sky at present).

I imagine most of the folk in the UK and the wider Commonwealth, will have the sad feeling that I have this morning;  HM The Queen was an unvarying part of our lives that is suddenly and sadly not there.  And yet, ‘life goes on’ and we will get used to our new ‘figurehead’ King Charles III.... and the King’s head being on our stamps. 


12.30   I’ve had a run to the harbour (on the bike), the intention being to come home via Elie Estate but it started to spit rain, so I abandoned that idea and came back to Ivy for a lite bite lunch.   The wind has also freshened s this might be my only run on the bike today.   Tomorrow is a better weather forecast anyway.


20.30   Iain (Auchnagatt)arrived just after 17.00... bang on time for denner.  (That reminds me I have the dish washer to switch on).   We caught up with each other’s ‘news’, watched the King’s address to the Nation... and had a quick walk up to the golf course at sunset time.   If the sunset is anything to go by.... we are going to have a bonnie day tomorrow.   The ‘red sky at night’ has been known to be slightly out of time.

I have ‘cottage pies’ to get ready for the freezer so that is my next mission.   We have no plan for tomorrow but might go somewhere if we do have a bonnie day to play with.   The villages appear to be busy going by the number of vehicles on Ferry Road this


afternoon;  I don’t think it’s a holiday weekend.... but I could be wrong.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....